Workshop Wednesday - 5 "To-Do's" for this Holiday Season!
It's That time of the year again! We are right in the middle of the Holiday Season! We hope you are enjoying time with your loved ones and are staying SAFE this season.
It’s easy to get distracted and a bit overwhelmed with all of the extra activities, parties, shopping, traveling, and visiting with friends and family. Here are a few reminders to help keep you and your kids safe through the holidays:
- Be a role model for your child: Don’t drink and drive. Just don’t. If you still need convincing, check this out: "Everybody Hurts" music by REM TV ad– in fact, even if you are convinced, check it out. Gather the family around and watch it together.
- Remind your tweens and teens about your “No-Use” drug and alcohol rule.
- Remind your tween and teens they are not to ride in a car with anyone that has been drinking or using any other substance to get high.
- Do not serve alcohol to anyone under 21 years old.
- Remind your kids you love them and want them to be safe and happy for many years to come!
Parent Workshops will resume on January 8, 2011! Come check it out and join in the discussion about The Teen Brain. Here's a hint: they do have a brain - it's just not fully developed yet!